Monday, September 26, 2005

Got Some Homework Done

I realized that my ability to get to aikido class was going to be majorly hampered the next few weeks. Ths short version of the story is that I sent email to sensei to ask if I had any other options for training. Maybe if I can attend another class I can make up for lost training. Part of the problem is that our dojo only meets 2 nights a week. So... missing one night is a big deal particularly for someone like me who is just starting out. I'm guessing I've been to about 15 classes at this point. We can go to Shodokan for training but I don't know what nights I'd be welcome there particularly since I am a beginner.

This week may not be a total loss though. John Rogers is coming to Shodokan, the neighboring dojo. I already made arrangements to be able to go to his class on Wednesday night. I'm really interested to see how he conducts class.

Last night in an attempt to not lose muscle memory, I did a little home training. Not as good as the real thing but better than nothing I figure. I did 200 tenkan, practiced irimi sliding past my kids' toys and did some shikkyo with and without bokken. Also, I practiced my bokken cuts from seiza.

For those of you who really need to know.....

Practicing shikkyo on an oriental rug is easier on the knees than on the berber.

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger THE val said...

akido!? CooL! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home