Thursday, October 20, 2005

I've Grown Some Roots

I went to a Bruins game instead of hitting class tonight. I wasn't real happy to miss the class particularly as I'm not going to be able to make it up on Saturday. Really didn't have a choice on it though. Unfortunately, the Bruins lost but had a good time anyway.

Not sure what made me want to try this but on the subway ride home I chose to not hold on to anything while standing. I lowered my center and was actually able to keep rooted to the train fairly well. The coolest part about it was when the train came to our last stop and my wife looks over at me and realizes I'm doing something funny. She sees me just standing there not holding anything and when the train lurched to a stop, her and everyone else sort of lurched forward. I stayed "glued" to the floor and didn't lurch at all.

Man was that fun.

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 6:30 PM, Blogger Wabi Sabi said...

I have always had fun playing that game on the subway. Hey, it so boring otherwise, you can do a little training on balance and center and just maybe you'll look cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home