Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Doing Some Knife Stuff

Matt started us with the usual warm up and rolls. I actually did another roll that felt good, so that's two so far. The others aren't as good but at least I'm not hurting myself for the most part any more. Also, did a couple of good backwards rolls for the first time too. These of course never hurt but most of the time I end up on my butt instead of my feet somehow.

So... we did more ikkyo but with the attacker holding a knife. So we change the grip somewhat and turn the arm more so you end up with an ikkyo pin. Getting the knife out from uke's hand is a simple matter of sort of sliding the back of his hand up (bending the elbow) and keeping pressure on the elbow at the same time so the hand is pinned. Sort of reminds me a little bit of a nikkyo against the mat.

Then we moved on to another version where you are doing a kotegaeshi. Everything about the technique is the same except that you don't just throw uke. You keep your hands on him. Then flip him around on to his belly by moving his arm correctly. At that point you can do a bending of the wrist in the same manner except the arm is straight in the air and you push the wrist into the that position with your hand.

DAPI: 1 (Got some skin on my bicep pinched last night but it doesn't hurt today)
Day After Pain Index

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 2:33 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Hey,

I think the technique you were doing actually is called gokyo (ude nobashi). It's technique no. 5.

Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home