Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Meditation

Not sure how many other dojos do this kind of thing but this class we spent some time focusing on meditation. Sensei showed us a simple exercise for meditation and suggested that we try doing this as much as possible outside of class. Apparently having a relaxed mind while training, the mind can become a mirror and help you perform the techniques. Also, if you are relaxed... the attacker may relax and thus be easier to manage.

We moved from this to a simple throw we've done before. In fact this is the very first technique I did in the very first class. Somehow though there seemed to be more to the technique now then there used to be. My only guess is that now I am more aware of how my hands should be positioned, footwork, timing, moving of my center. I sort of wish I could look at a video tape of my first class so I could examine my throw to see if it's changed since then.

DAPI: 0 (Meditating is easy on the body)
Day After Pain Index

2 Comments:

At February 02, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Poxbox said...

For the curious .... it was Shihonage.

 
At April 26, 2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Wabi Sabi said...

I love your comment about how there was more to the technique now than there used to be. Great perspective...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home