Sunday, September 03, 2006

How Is the Dojo Cat Surviving?

My twins birthday was on Friday and although we are having a party for them on Sunday my in-laws insist on giving them their gift on their 'actual' birthday and at the worst possible time. Since they are giving the kids bicycles... there is no way I can miss their first rides. As a result, there is no way I can get to class. There is no choice here.

So... I missed Friday night's class. To make matters worse, I attempted to go to the Saturday class. It appears that either the times for Saturdays class have changed or the class was outright cancelled with no notice. Checking the website says that class begins at 10:30am. The schedule posted on the board in the dojo has the class beginning at 10am or something like that. When I arrived there was an escrima class going on and a bunch of kids showing up for what I think was the judo class. No aikido to be seen anywhere. No signs or postings reflecting a cancellation.

This situation is really frustrating. I've offerred on at least 4 occassions my help in updating the website. Each time I've been refused. It just isn't that hard to change the schedule so it would be correct. In my mind there is no excuse for this. and yes..... I feel like I do get to complain because I've offerred to fix the problem.

There were signs posted that there is no class on Monday so I can't go then.

I sincerely feel like all the missed class problems from the Cape Ann dojo are now occurring at the Shodokan dojo. Only... it's worse. Why? Because between the website... bulletin board or class announcements there is plenty of opportunity to communicate schedule changes. It just doesn't seem to be a priority to keep the students informed.

It would take so little effort to make problems like this go away. I simply don't understand how a situation like this can occur. This is not the first time I've experienced this either.

Makes me wonder how the dojo cat actually survives.

3 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that you felt left high and dry. It seems you were only at the Tuesday class that week and the Saturday change may not have been mentioned. There was a seminar at another dojo and it was announced Mon & Wed & again on Friday with a final check on who was going to carpool. One Saturday 'regular' had already stated he was not going to attend due to work commitments and the other 'regulars' who were not at any of those classes were telephoned... that's why there was no sign of Aikido. Again most sorry. We have only now written out the web change instructions to 'standadize' the process and we would really appreciate your involvement as offered. Someday we've got to get organized!

 
At September 10, 2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

I fed the cat today

 
At September 10, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Oh ya... btw... for anyone that needs to know the Sunday class is now starting at 8:30am. Not 8:15am as posted on the schedules and web.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home