Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Doing Our Own Thing

When I first came in I noticed some ice in front of the door. I took some sand that we had inside and threw it out there. I told sensei I was stealing some dirt. I don't think we need breakfall practice just trying to get in. He was happy because I beat him to it.

It was a long weekend so a few folks didn't show. The beginners were there doing there thing. The people about to test for 5th kyu were all given stuff to do related to their upcoming test.

Since Diana and I aren't testing overly soon, Bob had us working together off to the side working on 3rd and 4th kyu techniques. The interesting part was when he asked us to try different iriminage from a particular attack. Think of it as three parts... the entry, the kazushi and subsequent unbalancing, and the throw.

At one point Bob came over to answer our nikkyo questions. I got about 6 or so nikkyo's in succession. Very interesting to see them all at once. I actually don't mind nikkyo. I don't think I ever got hurt long term from them. He got a good one on me on the right hand but it stopped hurting about 2 seconds after he let it go from my tap out.

After class Diana was asking me if I remembered how to do Hanmi handachi Katatetori Shihonage. I've done it in two classes that I recall and not for a real long while. Although I couldn't show her right away how to be nage, I was able to show her what it did to uke. I twisted my arm in the correct position and showed her how you sort of get stuck up on your toes. That was enough of a hint for her to remember, and then I did as well. You keep your elbows in, turn your wrist some and use your other hand to twist uke up by pulling him to you.
I'll be busy this weekend so I won't be able to attend classes for a few days.

DAPI: 2
(Something in left forearm hurts. No idea why)

3 Comments:

At March 21, 2007 8:28 AM, Blogger Scott Zrubek said...

Hope it's just the job and remodeling keeping you from posting.

 
At March 21, 2007 7:12 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Yep.... Except for one or two days of bad weather where class was cancelled I have been going to class.

 
At March 22, 2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Scott Zrubek said...

And now more of your posts to read. Great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home