Sunday, July 01, 2007

What DId We Do Today? ANSWER:Yes

I got off to a late start this morning but made it in time to catch the end of stretching. We then did our ukemi practice and then..... lots of everything.

This is only what I can remember....
Started with suwari waza, omote versions of ikkyo, nikkyo, sankyo, yonkyo, and gokyo. My messed up knee held up ok. It was a little bit uncomfortable but fine.

Then at different points we did udekiminage, kaitanage, iriminage and kotagaeshi.

After class, I worked with Eric again for his upcoming 5th kyu test. We reviewed his techniques. With just a bit more practice it should be a strong test. He tends to offbalance uke fairly well.

I asked him to help me with my shomenuchi nikkyo ura. My biggest problem is getting the initial hand to the shoulder for the nikkyo. I straightened myself out a little bit to where I'm not messing around looking for the grip finally.

I'm guessing that my next class will be Beverly's late class. There's stuff going on at home that requires me to miss the early Salem class. I was hoping to hit both again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home