Sunday, November 18, 2007

Face Hurt? I Wash My Gi In Sand

Lots of techniques tonight. Alan typically sticks to maybe three versions of a technique. This gives you the chance to really pound away on trying to improve things. Tonight was unusual in that we did maybe 6 or 8 techniques. It was a good class though.



At one point we did a form of iriminage. As I swept my arm up, the sleeve of my gi apparently made contact with my uke's face. He mentioned that my gi felt kind of rough. My reply, "I wash my gi in sand". He couldn't keep a straight face for the rest of practice.



We also worked on koshinage. My partner started off kind of rough, not letting go of my slap hand at least twice. One of those times he dumped me flat on my back. It knocked a small amount of wind out of me. Not too bad. I'm happy to say that by the time we finished, both of us improved a great deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home