Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Back

I went to class tonight. Tonight was a lot of grabbing attacks. We did udekiminage, shihonage, iriminage, sankyo, nikkyo, and a few other exercises.

During the iriminage Kim noticed something about my hand position and asked about it after class. He said... I do that too. Why do we do that? I told him... it's because that was what we learned when we started in the gloucester dojo. I'd like to think that, this is also what was being taught at the time but seeing as it was my first 6 months of aikido at that stage, who knows.

I worked with Mark for the sankyo. Big guy but for some reason he never really gets a good sankyo yet, and what he does have, he lets go totally as soon as any movement is started.

For nikkyo, I worked with Serge. His technique is very strong. I had to really watch myself with him. He did go through a phase a while back of taking it easy on his partners but I think this has passed. I was a willing participant in it all and did fine but later on he did something to Kim that had him verbally crying uncle.

Not much else for this class. It was fairly tame(its a shorter class only an hour). Made me feel real good though. I missed a few classes. It's good to get back on the mat.

2 Comments:

At February 16, 2008 8:54 PM, Blogger uchi deshi said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!

 
At March 18, 2008 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! kim verbally crying uncle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home