Sunday, February 17, 2008

What a Ride

We had a class maybe a week and a half ago that made me smile. I got Kim as a partner and were doing koshinage. I thought back to our beginnings in the small dojo in Gloucester. We started out together with my ukemi being the absolute worst and Kim being unable to keep a technique in his head for longer than 10 minutes.

I was wondering if Bob would ever conceive of the day that Kim and I would be hip throwing each other.

I remember I spent a large amount of my time worried that I would hurt him. I'm not sure what changed but I'm less worried now. Some of it is that I know what he can handle. I am also more able to trust most of my partners(not the new folks) to take care of themselves now.

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2008 10:01 PM, Blogger AIKIDOforBEGINNERS said...

it's amazing how far you can come in a short space of time. Sounds like you have good instructors! Keep it up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home