Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've Been Helping My Dojomates Again

Dojomates? Hmmm Is that a word? Anyway....

Aside from spending time with Kim just being there as a partner so he can get more practice time in, I've been working with Eric for his 4th kyu test which won't be for another 2 or 3 months.

When it comes to helping them prepare, my current thinking is to just be there to practice. If they have a month or so I might be more apt to make a suggestion but as time has gotten closer, I basically just shut up and let them just do their thing. People are going to do what they've learned up till now and I think last minute tweaking would only confuse things.

I think Kim noticed this and although he won't ask me a question he has asked me to do a technique. He watches and then takes a turn.

There is still a question in my mind as to how a particular technique needs to be performed for Kim's test. Kim asked the question and got different answers from different instructors.

One of the instructors suggested that Kim show multiple variations of techniques but to be sure to do one for each side so it's obvious that its purposeful.

1 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there between now and the test to find out which version the judge likes to see?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home