Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sunday Morning

Playing alittle catchup with the post here....

Sunday morning was VERY different. The past few months of sundays we worked on a standard set of techniques from different attacks and openings.

This Sunday was very different. Actually, I noticed the instructor looked a little more warmed up that morning during stretches even. I noticed it but didn't think much of it. Then we changed up the ukemi warmup practice a bit. I would call it a little more rigorous.

Then we went on to breakfall practice. We were practicing falling out of shihonage. To make life easier, we did it from hanme handache. I did a few of these with no problems and then for some odd reason, Kim started to throw me funny. This made the fall a little more difficult to do. Sometimes he thinks he's helping when he isn't. He should just do the technique.

After that we moved on. The set of techniques included kaitenage which I need practice with. That throw that's sort of like an otoshi of some kind. We did lots of more unusual stuff for a Sunday. I can't say I did everything well but it was nice to shake things up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home