Friday, June 27, 2008

Koshinage Felt Good

Had a great class tonight. By the time it was done I was all jazzed up as usual. We did ushiro sankyo, ushiro kotagaeshi and ended with an ushiro koshinage. For the koshinage I had Mark as a partner. He's a big, solid guy. When we started he was kind of tentative. He was throwing ok but he wasn't taking the ukemi too well. I finally got him to not bend over on me and relax. After doing 20 or so of these my koshinage got better and Mark was taking the ukemi for them really well.

I started getting into more of a groove, right or wrong I started giving him a floating hip. He was a big guy and I figured a little encouragement to help him get over would be good.

This was the second time in the past year that I had a partner come up to me after class and tell me that was the first time that they started feeling comfortable with taking hip throws. Glad I could be a part of that.

3 Comments:

At June 28, 2008 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they must see your good spirit

 
At June 28, 2008 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they must see your good spirit

 
At June 28, 2008 8:11 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Heh.... I just figured I support them well with the other hand so their fall isn't as hard.

Also, you feel more comfortable throwing someone who doesn't seem to mind.

Thanks for the thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home