Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Managed To Improve Something

Went to class Monday night in Beverly. We started with some basic tenkan practice. We added in some footwork (stepping off the line) and sword cut motions. Eventually this led to some shihonage practice.

After a bit of this Mike had Diana and I crank it up a notch. He had us use a more dynamic attack and a breakfall for the ukemi. This is the first class I think where I've done a full set of shihonage breakfalls from a standing position. I had done lots from hanme handache on Sunday morning in Peter's class. For the most part I was comfortable with it.

I worked on my ukemi and as nage I tried to get nice and low without bending over. I'm not sure how successful I was. I hardly ever catch myself bending over when I do it.

Also in the class we did the 5th kyu kokyuho. I managed to get myself to be more stable. I actually improved at this as I practiced it.

Tonight I worked a little bit with my bokken at home. I wanted to get the simple sequence that I struggled with so much while I was in Baltimore. I smoothed it out a bit. I'm curious to see what happens if I try it again in a couple of days. Will it still be smoothed out or back to being a mess?

1 Comments:

At August 01, 2008 6:43 AM, Anonymous Diana said...

It was great practicing with you Monday night, Poxbox. Nice breakfalls. Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home