Sunday, August 24, 2008

4 of What Again?

Great morning for aikido. I have no idea if it's because family has me distracted away from aikido this week or I just didn't eat breakfast but I had trouble focusing this morning.

Peter was showing us 3 and 4 variations of a single technique then we practiced them in succession. This is unusual for us. At most we are typically given one or two ways of doing something at once.

I was forgetting one of them. Not how to do something... but what we were doing entirely. I took the attack and wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I would end up starting something. I had a shihonage I was ready to complete, an udekimenage or iriminage... too bad I was supposed to be doing kotagaeshi.

I got a little better as class went on. My techniques however...... eh. The last one was a koshinage. Start with a yokomen strike, cut it down, bring it back up and down into an ikkyo. Lean down for a sankyo, get uke on his toes and then enter for the hip throw. I was doing great except both times I threw uke over my back instead of my hips. I had him too high. I'd like to know what the heck I was doing. Maybe after tomorrow's class I can borrow someone. I don't necessarily need to do the throw... I can just enter and do the lift. Either I have it or I don't at that point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home