Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day?? Go Practice.

I got to a practice last night at NSA. Jim taught. Worked a bit on correct position for an ushiro sankyo. I had Erik as a partner for a good part of this. When I torque up his right hand I was having no problem getting a good sankyo. When I crank his left I wasn't getting nearly the amount of effect. I was trying to figure out if his left hand is just that much more flexible or whether I was just doing it less effectively on that side. I think it may be a bit of both. I started paying more attention and got a better sankyo on that side but not consistently. Jim was stressing body position and not leaving yourself open.
We also worked on a kotageashi from ushiro. This felt fairly natural as I think I've done this very same version with Pete on Sunday mornings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home