Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh My Nose

We did some good stuff tonight. We worked on morotetori kokyunage, ikkyo, nikkyo. Mostly did an attacker on each arm. The focus was trying to move correctly without using strength. Tough class in that sense.

I have no idea why but when I see Buddy, I react with a choke. I did a kokyunage for uke#1 and for uke #2 (Buddy) my simultaneous movement for him had him end up turning his back to me. I immediately slapped a choke on and positioned him between me and the other uke where I could see them both. He started tapping immediately so I think I had him pretty good. It was nothing I planned on doing. It was just there.

Towards the end of class I was taking ukemi and saw the other uke dropping in front of my head. I had my hand up to cover my head.... I didn't have my face properly covered. The second uke came down in front of me and somehow he slapped my face with his slap hand. I'm surprised I let someone get me like that (even as an accident). It didn't really hurt but I was sent off the mat by my partners and sensei to ice the nose down just in case. Turns out, it was probably a good idea. It actually bled a little which I didn't notice at first. Also, had my eyes tear up on the initial impact. If it were on the street I would have ignored it and kept going.

This is the second nose hit in the past few months. If I get hit again.... I may end up with a bad nickname or something. Just call me Marsha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k04Wv0fydvU

The above link is proof positive that you can find anything you want on the internet.

2 Comments:

At August 01, 2009 5:07 PM, Blogger grassHopper said...

You gotta love those smacks

 
At August 02, 2009 8:02 AM, Blogger Poxbox said...

grassHopper..... Great 4th kyu test!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home