Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Class at Shodokan

Only had time for one class last night. Bob taught at Shodokan. We did a bit of ushiro attacks. Responding with kotagaeshi, shihonage, jujinage. One thing I didn't get quite right was I was going for the other hand for the kotagaeshi. Bob had showed it grabbing the other hand. Apparently you can do both. I'm sure if you dissected it there may be some martial reason why one is better than the other. Could be that it doesn't really matter as long as the flow is there. I was able to do it either way.

I was able to get the grips really well on the jujinage after some practice. Bob had some kind of movement involving his hip to draw uke across him. I wasn't able to replicate this easily.

Bummer for me. I likely won't get to class next monday. Worse still.... there is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend an amazing seminar at New England Aikikai this weekend. I will likely miss it. Unreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home