Monday, May 17, 2010

Nage Didn't Need That Skin Anyway

Friday night at Shodokan. We were doing a bunch of interesting techniques. At one point we fall into something like a Koshi Guruma. This is all fine except that my nage is relatively inexperienced. He goes to throw me and keeps my slap hand. As I was going over I had let go of my original safety grip thinking I was ok. Then when I realize I'm not going to be in the correct position or have my slap hand available I regrip. I went to grab gi. Got a handful around the bicep area. As I went down the gi slid down some.

What I didn't know was that I had some skin caught up in that gi. I slid down, no slap hand as that was captured still but was able to keep a proper orientation at least because of my grip. Later in the dressing room he showed me a nice scrape in that area. I apoloized. Then I thought about it and realized that the only reason it happened is because he held onto my slap hand. So then I didn't feel so bad.

The second time he threw me he kept my slap hand again but I was more ready for it. I told him to let go of the slap hand next time. So we tried again and the same result. After that the instructor managed to get him to stop that crap. Later uke's in line were at least safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home