Thursday, September 16, 2010

Got To a Late Class Last Night

I won't be able to get to class on Friday so I went to the late class last night instead.

Matt taught. We did a series of line techniques. A couple involved getting uke to move past you while you straightened his arm out so you could throw him by driving that straight arm one way or another.

Next up we moved to a similar start but did a nikkyo and after uke comes up you take a yonkyo and throw. I was having trouble getting the yonkyo and Rob was kind enough to give me some feedback so I can practice that again some day.

At the end we did a shomenuchi attack. Nage is supposed to intercept this early so he can raise uke a bit, then lead ukes arm down as you kneel down, do a hip push and throw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home