Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Best Student in Class Last Night

Well..... I was the only student in class last night. By some weird fluke, lots of people got sidelined and were unable to make it.... so it was just me with Jim teaching.

Jim was kind enough to go over the 2nd kyu test with me some. Seems like there are some things that I need to do different. Unfortunately, imbedding them into muscle memory will take some time.

One of the differences was that for kaitenage ura.... I was stepping behind uke before the throw. The way Jim had me doing it showed that it is sort of an unnecessary step. You can tenkan on the foot taking uke with you and throw along a single line defined by uke's approach.

3 Comments:

At February 07, 2012 12:21 PM, Blogger aikidonut said...

good..glad to see you getting there...good luck !

 
At February 10, 2012 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh,best? You could have been the worst!

Just kidding...

 
At February 10, 2012 10:09 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Lol..... Guess I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home