Sunday, March 18, 2012

U Maine 5, BU 3

I don't often skip a class for other activities but once in a while is fine. This past Friday I went to watch a college hockey game at the local arena. I got to watch the U. Maine black bears beat Boston University. Great night. (Although I hear they lost Saturday nights game).


Sunday morning. Had a pretty good class. We worked on responses to tsuki attack again. Did a freestyle at the end. I seem to do about the same as last week. Perhaps a little better. I mixed up the techniques as things seemed appropriate. Funny thing is... before I start a freestyle I have some idea of what techniques I'd like to do and all that goes out the window as soon as it begins. I end up just going with the flow and whatever techniques pop out is what I get. I did a few kotagaeshi, a few shihonage, udekiminage, kaitenage, and was shocked when I did one iriminage... no idea where that came from. I ended up finishing with a kokyunage. Sort of take the person into a shihonage like grip, enter putting your arm out across uke's upper chest. I was surprised when that one popped out too.

For the past couple weeks I've had a minor pain in my side. Almost like I pulled an external oblique muscle. Mostly, it would only bother me when I sneezed or coughed. For some reason, today's practice aggravated it. I noticed that breakfalls on that side hurt a little. If there is no improvement by tomorrow I will be forced to skip a practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home