Monday, August 13, 2012

That Was So Cool!

So I may have seen this video in the past but it didn't click how cool it was until I tried it in class. Tonight's class at North Shore Aikikai had Matt teaching. He had us do some exercises he saw at a Donovan Waite seminar. Then moved on to some jo take away exercises.

Then at the end of class we did this fantastic variation. So Fun! It starts at around 0:14 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAi2KMaRMmQ

You set someone up for a kaitenage like throw but instead spin them around and end up with what seems to me to be a tae waza.

I did a couple decent ones before class was over. I think with some practice this is one of those techniques I could be quite good at. It's a fun throw and a fun ukemi.

This throw is rated.... Super cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home