Saturday, October 27, 2012

Closed On Account Of Rain

The hurricane that's headed up the coast is scaring people for no reason. Sure enough the people further south should have some concerns but typically by the time they get up here(New England) they either veer off or lose their speed and just become a tropical storm. The weather folks get all excited when they actually have something to report so they spend a good amount of time trying to instill fear and panic. Most people actually believe what they see on the television. The grocery stores were hit pretty hard in this area already as people are preparing. Well... Shodokahn will be closed Monday night. The teacher who usually does the class won't be available. What disappoints me is that we don't have the option of coming in for open mat time. Frankly, I could easily keep everyone busy for a class and if nothing else everyone could work on their test. This weather unfortunately coincided with one of the few Mondays I could have shown up. I just checked the current report. We are supposed to get 38mph winds and rain. Big whoop. I don't even need to tie my deck furniture down for that. Tomorrow morning I'm going in. Although it sounded as though Mr. Mulligan was going to discourage a Sunday class as well, I didn't receive any email or phone call to make me think we are cancelled. Frankly... if no one shows up, I'll train with the Arnis folks instead. I'm sure they'll be there.

UPDATE: Monday night turned out to be a little worse than I thought for weather. Hurricane pounded in around NY and NJ. Around here there was a lot of wind and rain. Some neighbors lost a couple of trees but was otherwise uneventful. Although you could easily travel in such weather(around here), most people would likely want to stay close to home. NSA cancelled class as well. So no class for me on Monday anywhere. We had a hurricane com through right? So why are all the leaves still on my lawn?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home