Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lots Of People On The Mat

Went to class on Friday, Sunday and Tuesday nights this week. Friday was more vegetable eating but more interesting stuff in general. Finished up that night with some bokken practice which we don't do very often. Sunday was a blast. It started with just Peter and I and then Buddy showed up a little late. We worked on all kinds of stuff. Buddy has been around a while so I couldn't help myself and gave him some feedback on his nikkyo. He tends to really crank it hard and fast. The problem is that that most times he is just alittle bit off and for someone like me I can just adjust for it and take it. One of these days he's going to go that hard and fast on someone and hurt them. So I told him what I thought he needed to think about when doing nikkyo. Getting the rotation at the correct angle in relation to the arm and so forth. So on Tuesday night there was quite a full mat. Add to that a couple of new students down the end in their own class and it was quite a few people. The one time that nikkyo was done as a technique I had Buddy again. His nikkyo was better but I think muscle memory was taking over most of the time. We did a couple of lines at one point..... we did tsuki nikkyo, kokyunage, some kind of irimi tenkan uchi sankyo throw. I got to work with a bunch of different people. Kept things interesting. At one point Mr. Mulligan asked me to come over for a second and do a yokomen strike while his new students watched. I gave him some good attacks and trusted him to react. He was showing his new students how important kazushi was. Excellent. In an unprecedented display of timeliness, our certificates came back from the last test we just had. That was very fast turn-around. We must have sent them in relatively soon after and they managed to get them back to us very quickly. Everyone except for one person(who I thought I heard was out for an injury) who tested was there last night. I showed mine to my wife to prove where I go at night. Make sure she doesn't think I just go out to the bars.

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2013 10:21 AM, Blogger Scott Zrubek said...

Congratulations on finally holding the paper in your hand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home