Friday, January 04, 2013

Wow.... Mark Visited

Saw a familiar face last week. My understanding is that he was in town for a few hours and swung by for a class. I had practiced with him years ago.

I have heard from many people that he's excellent. My problem is that when I practiced with him I was sort of just starting out. So I couldn't really get a good feel for his aikido at the time.

In this class I was dying to work with him so I could get a sense of what his aikido is like. Everyone has their own style. When the first demonstration was over I realized that Serge was left alone so I grabbed him as a partner. Serge is actually a decent partner to work with(although he often likes to do things his way instead of what is taught). Because he is 100% blind you need to spend extra time making sure that everything is safe. You have to make sure it's safe for him to fall and for you to fall as well.

This unfortunately meant I didn't get to work with him. I did get to talk quite a bit after class at the dojo holiday party. He said he has been out of aikido for a while and has been doing Bagua. I'll have to look that up on youtube some time. I don't think I've seen much of it.

2 Comments:

At January 05, 2013 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First letter of Mark's last name ?

 
At January 05, 2013 9:46 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Yep.... It's who you think it is.


"V"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home