Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Where is that Sweet Spot??

Monday nights at NSA still working on finding how to create kazushi in a particular way.  I've mentioned this before in this blog.  What they are trying to do is examine the kazushi of different techniques.  The thought being that this technique works because we do X.  Why does it work?  At what point do we have kazushi.

In the back of my head though I have to think that there are an infinite number of ways to create this kazushi.  There is no one-way, magic elixir.  Do X and uke falls down.  It's very situational.  Body types, positions, current motions can all be different for the same technique.

Now, you can pull off a technique without paying much attention to any of this, however, wouldn't it be nice to do almost nothing and have uke just fall down?

I'm guessing that the key to the whole thing is sensitivity to your partner.  As uke I can sense when nage changes things midstream and adapt to it.  I don't really think I'm quite sensitive enough as nage to always feel how on balance my uke is.  Sometimes I can tell right off.  Other times not.  Once I manage to increase sensitivity(assuming that's possible) I'm guessing I'll be in a better position to understand what I'm doing to my partner.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home