Saturday, March 28, 2015

Henka Waza

Peter taught Friday night.  There were 5 students.  Four of us were 1st kyu and one was a 4th kyu.

I was quite happy to be doing henka waza and a little kaeshi waza.

Once or twice when I wasn't concentrating hard enough and I was just reacting I ended up going from the 1st technique into nikkyo.  It's probably one of my favorite controls.  I have a lot of muscle memory for it.

I was a bad partner for part of the night.  When we were practicing kaeshi waza I was slowing down some when doing my technique.  Ariel complained.  I didn't even notice I was doing it.  I guess I just didn't have faith that he could keep up if I moved us along.  So.... I kept the pace up to something better and Ariel was for the most part keeping up.  I need to start pushing people more.

Sometimes a cooperative dojo is bad.  I'm too used to backing off still for some partners.  A lot of them have learned a lot while I wasn't looking.  :)


1 Comments:

At March 29, 2015 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They'll also learn more the more you push them (to an extent, based on their abilities)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home