Sunday, March 29, 2015

What Weapon Was That??

Peter did an interesting class this morning.  One of the exercises included 3 attackers.  One with a bokken, another with tanto, and the third had a jo.  You might think you'd strip your gears dealing with three different weapons at the same time.

Actually it wasn't too bad.  I need sword disarming practice still.  I had no problems with the other two.  The sword disarming doesn't come as naturally.

I'm noticing that at times I have different opinions than some of my teachers about where to throw uke.  Peter has a tendency to take certain throws always to a 90 degree angle regardless of circumstance.  I've been brainwashed into thinking that most of the time you simply want uke headed in the same direction he started in for some of these throws.

In reality you can throw in any direction you like.  Some directions are just better than others depending on the situation.

1 Comments:

At March 30, 2015 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to ask your self

Where's my hole?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home