Sunday, June 07, 2015

Good Feedback

Sunday morning was quite busy.  5 students.  that may not seem like a lot but the Sunday morning class is not well attended.  It's early and most people would rather stay in bed than get up early to work out.  For me it's good because it fits in with my schedule well and I feel good for the rest of the day.

Peter had us warm up by doing some jo exercises.  The thing that mostly stood out was after class broke up, Chris and I worked a little longer on some stuff.  I have been making it a point to give him honest feedback.  He was working on some techniques this morning.  Nice to see he's still working on stuff.  I thought he gave up a while ago.  In previous classes, he would just keep doing the same thing over and over.  Never bothering to change anything.  He was assuming that my not rolling out was because I was just being difficult.  But really, I was trying to give him honest reactions.

When he did a great technique, I had to roll out.  When he did a bad one I just stood there.  A lot of his techniques he tends to disappear right before the throw.  He's gotten into his head that for some techniques you get low and move back before throwing.  That has the net affect of you standing flatfooted with both feet wondering where he had gone off to.

He had one of two techniques down really well though.  The kokyunage he practiced was excellent.

1 Comments:

At June 08, 2015 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home