Monday, May 02, 2016

Two More Classes

Went to Peter's Sunday morning class.  Also went to class tonight.

For a period of a couple weeks I had something that kept me away from the dojo.  Although I feel better now with good energy and no more symptoms, I get tired easily.  Not sure if it was because I missed class or I'm just getting old or something.  I don't have the endurance I swear I had 3 weeks ago.  Hopefully some will come back.  The break was just too much for me I think.

Tonight Rob was showing me a gokyo variation that was interesting.  I'm used to coming in, offbalancing a yokomen strike early and using the other hand as an atemi to the face.  Instead of an atemi, Rob was laying the back of his forearm on the upper body.  However, you have to keep it connected to your center and attack uke's balance with it.

Worked a bit on Joe's 2nd kyu test requirements.  Very good for me to work on to as its good practice.  I need the freestyle practice.  Not sure if I am out of practice or was having a bad night but I wasn't consistently entering.  And.... I tended to be grabby.  Grabbing right away commits you to a technique and at times can stop a technique.  I'm hoping it was just a bad night.


2 Comments:

At May 04, 2016 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seemed OK in class Monday night. Hope you are feeling better.

 
At May 05, 2016 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi eric, the double nikyo was from a shomen attack into ikyo ura then transition into nikyo ura. Mystery solved although I know you probably figured this out by now.Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home