Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Deflections

Monday night was an excellent night.  We focused on just doing deflections.  Did tsuki to the body and head.  There were various brush deflections.  We should do that again some time.

They've got this newer person there.  She has no qualms about trying to punch me in the face.  It's rare that you get a nice committed attack, especially from a newer person.

For the most part all the various deflections were easy or if not, I was much improved by the time class ended.  They last one I did was so so as we spent less time on that.

While I was learning I was doing one of the deflections different from what was shown and ended up elbowing Rob in the face three times in a row.  I gave up and asked him to show it to me again so I could figure out what I was doing different.  An elbow to the face isn't a bad thing but not the focus of the class.  I try to do what is being shown.

1 Comments:

At July 19, 2016 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's OK. Rob broke my nose with an elbow to my face (MY fault, NOT his) :)

JD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home