Saturday, September 17, 2016

Free Style Practice

Bob taught again last night.  I got caught up at work.  Boss calls me in a meeting ten minutes before the end of day.  Not fun.  However, we at least got some stuff accomplished so at least it wasn't a waste of time.  Unfortunately, it meant I ended up being about 10 minutes late for practice.

There has been a lot of attendance suddenly for the Friday night classes.  What I didn't know was that all the ikkyu that have been around for a long while are being prodded to test.  So, they are all showing up for class now.

Bob had us focusing on movement during a freestyle.  We did several exercises intended to help us learn to control the mat when you have multiple attackers.

We also did some exercises where uke goes to strike and nage reacts by entering before the strike develops.  I managed to get myself punched in the jaw/mouth a couple of times(lightly).  Seems strange when other times people have done a strike at my face and I've instinctively done something.  Not sure what was different last night.  In an actual fight I don't think I'd allow someone that close to me without my initiating something.

Fun, vigorous class.

I still think I need jotori and tachitori practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home