Sunday, September 25, 2016

No Chris Today

I heard from someone that he was going to be taking Sunday's off for a while.  Might be totally just him needing a break, or maybe it had something to do with last week?

So, I was about 45 seconds late for class.  Two other people including Chris were late as well a bit after me.  Thing is.... Peter HATES it when students are late.  He was so cheesed off at us he had us wait and would only wave us on the mat when the warm up session was over.  Then picked a newer person (who showed up on time) to do demos.

I thought the delay a bit unnecessary but I understand where he's coming from.  We really should be on time( a bit early even ).

Now, call me a disrespectful dick but I refused to do any practice until I had a chance to warm up and stretch out.  So I watched everyone else do their thing so I could spend a few minutes warming up.  If Peter had a problem with that I would've walked off the mat.  No reason to expect a student to practice without stretching out or warming up first.  I consider it a safety issue.  So we finished the class with no other events.

The student named Peter still has a bad shoulder.  So we worked on the other side.  Then he tells me he can't do the turnover for a pin because rolling on the shoulder hurts too much also.  So I think about it for a second and start using a different turnover.  One that wouldn't strain his shoulder.  You step in front of uke's shoulder and pull the arm around.  The resulting armbar forces uke to turn over by almost sitting up.  There ya go.... no strain on the shoulder.

I'm thinking Chris got a bit twisted up being forced to wait last week.  Or.... maybe he's just needing a break.  Whose to say?  No idea.

This week the other late person and myself were on time/early.  So it had the desired affect.  Of course, Buddy showed up 15 minutes late or so but nothing was said or done about it.  He was just waved on as normal.  In fact, later on in class Peter pulled me aside with him so Buddy could work on his black belt test.

Buddy was told to just do lots of sword and jo stuff and I was told to just take ukemi.  No practice for me I guess.  However, Buddy is testing on Friday so he needs the time more than I do.

I'm thinking Peter needs a week off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home