Monday, October 24, 2016

Feeling Better

I'm not sure why but I was not too happy before class today.  Even had thoughts like why am I still practicing.  Maybe it was due to Friday nights experience.  I don't know.

I felt much better after class tonight.  We didn't do much.  Warmed up, did a couple jo techniques.  One is particularly fun.  My partner was this girl Andrea.  She has no qualms about striking with intent so when she has a jo she has my attention.  Unfortunately, she wasn't making a committed strike at first.  She was bringing the jo up horizontally, waiting a bit and then thrusting forward.  Since she knew what direction I was headed, she was even tracking me a bit.

Was good practice for me to get out of the way.  Could use more practice.... also, gave her some pointers on making the jo attack one fluid motion instead of a 1- 2 thing.  She was getting it.  She was getting the jo technique for the most part too.  A little inconsistent but that's just practice.  She was doing great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home