Friday, December 02, 2016

Duck...Duck...Duck....Goose!

Last Monday night we had a good class.  Had I decided to write about it sooner I probably could have given lots of detail.  Suffice it to say we were playing around with a couple of thoughts.

At the end of class, Matt says.... here take a jo... you take a jo.... and so forth.  Finally I go up to him and he says.... You don't get one.  You're in the middle.

So we had some impromptu jotori practice.  Was a bit surprised.  Most of the stuff I did was standard.  There were a couple of times I ended up in an odd spot but I was able to feel my way through it and do a good throw.  There was one time where Andrea attacks, I blend and get the jo and do my technique and she is put a little off balance but is still holding on to the jo and more solidly than if I had done that correctly.  So, what do you do when a technique doesn't work?  I immediately just went into another technique.  That time I threw her.

Not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home