Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Right Shoulder is Better

Seems like the past few weeks my shoulder is bothering me.  I gave some thought as to when it started and I realized it was because we were doing some throws in a class and a beginner threw me straight down with strength.  I balled up and stopped any serious injury but I tweaked my shoulder that night.  It's been bugging me ever since.  It's not seriously painful.  Although I don't make it a practice to take ibuprofen for small aches, I took some finally and I swear it's healing up.  When the medicine runs out the shoulder feels better.  I think reducing inflammation is allowing it to heal.

Last night we did some kaitenage and other stuff.  Matt was doing some Donovan Waite version he saw on a video.  You do something like the sky hand of tecnhinage to jack up uke and then when he drops down into the whole you can do the kaitenage.

Overall my practice last night was a little clunky.  Not sure if it's because I've been away for a week.

I also just found out that the next BB test at shodokan is this week.  Not sure if I can really participate in the (uncontrolled) randori with this shoulder.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home