Thursday, January 12, 2017

Missed a Lot Of Classes

Haven't been going to classes the past week or two.  At first I had a massive cold that I didn't want to spread to everyone.  Then the following week I tweaked my back.  After a few days it's finally good enough that I can get on the mat again.

I've had two people contact me to tell me that Mr. Mulligan wanted to move my test date closer.  I'm ok with that but there is a chunk of time I would have liked to have polished things up better.  Plus... of all the times for me to miss class I just missed a big hunk.

Got more bad news today.  I really only have two people that are uninjured that I can pick as uke.  The uke I would have liked to have picked has already been asked.  He did tell Mr. Mulligan that he'd be happy to uke for both but that's a heck of a lot of being tossed around.  I have no idea if the other guy is interested in being my partner for the test.  The bad part there is he's nervous about his ukemi.  So some throws are more difficult to do with him.  He also doesn't follow a lead amazingly well.  Some of the stuff I do is a little outside the normal every day stuff.  No idea how that would go down in a test.

I'm just happy that everything is getting better.

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2017 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get someone from NSA to "guest" Uke for you :)

 
At January 13, 2017 11:20 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Anyone showing up from NSA for my test to uke or watch will likely complicate things for me. Besides... if I had a guest uke you can be sure I'll be asked to do twice as much throwing especially on the koshinage. :)

My video camara seems to be in working order.

I'm sure the test will have it's high and low points. If I had the extra month, I'm sure it would be more highs. Still... if Mr. Mulligan wants me to test.... I'll test. And... we'll get what we get out of it. Hopefully, it will be done and over with. I already spoke to him about the effect of pulling it in a month and my not being around the past couple weeks due to illness and back injury.

 
At January 16, 2017 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, you've been "around" for over a decade. I KNOW we taught you a thing or two, so just DO it and get this over with!
Jim.

 
At January 17, 2017 3:39 PM, Blogger Poxbox said...

Lol... The difference is that if I had more time I could make the test look better. I'm sure the test will be fine. Have to review some sword disarms. Also, would have been easier when I was younger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home