Sunday, April 30, 2017

Peter Is Always Surprising Me

Just when I thought I've seen all of Peter's repertoire he pulls out something different,

There was a bunch of stuff he did today that seemed very different.  I'm real curious where he got the inspiration.  Was it old stuff that he hasn't done in years?  Did he see this on a video somewhere?  Did he independently come up with this on his own?   No idea.

Now, I've seen these techniques before but never from Peter.  Or really... anyone at Shodokan.

An example.... a simple kaitenage from a wrist grab.  While moving back, bring the hand up to the outside for an ikkyo kind of feel, then back and down and back.  This draws uke forward and makes him lower his head.

Another......  uke comes in dynamically for a ryotetori attack.  Nage moves back with it a little, gets that ikkyo like motion again with the inside arm and throws uke back the way he came.  Another variation where you pivot on one foot as this is occurring and uke is sent in the other direction.  Come to think of it, I did this during my last test.  Actually, I think I've seen this one from Bob as well as Matt now that I think of it.

Great class this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home